Sunday, August 5, 2007

I'm Ambivalent

The Braves have already won today; the Mets play the Cubbies in about an hour. If the Mets lose, the Braves move to three games back in the NL East. But Tommy Glavine is on the mound for the Mets and tonight could be his 300th win.

Even though Tommy's not in a Braves uniform anymore, I still love him & I want to see him get to 300 and beyond (partly because he may well be the last major league pitcher to get to that achievement, with injuries and the way they constrict guys on pitch counts these days. But not on a night when my Bravos could move up a game, with a three-game series against the Mets coming up on Tuesday.

Baseball was designed to break my heart.

8/6/07: ETA Tommy won! Which means the Mets won, which means the Braves didn't move an inch. But, Yay for Tommy!

No comments: