Saturday, October 31, 2009
I'm feeling a little peaked today, trying to fight off a cold. No fever or other swinish symptoms, so there's that to be thankful for.
It's college gameday-I'm in my Gamecocks shirt & Le Boyfriend is wearing that tacky Tennessee orange. Somebody might be sleeping on the sofa tonight, depending on how the game turns out. I'll make sure he has a pillow and a blanket : >.
I feel a nap coming on. Y'all have a good day. Hope everybody's team wins. Well, except for Florida* and Alabama. I hate those guys.
*But don't take that to mean I'm rooting for Georgia. Can't bring myself to do that either.
Sunday, October 25, 2009
Another upside is that I'll be busy with workshops and networking, and won't be quite as 'connected' as I am on a daily basis. I think I'm experiencing some Internet burnout as well. Not nearly as bad as it got right before the election, more like a low-grade fever that leaves you with enough energy for light housework, but makes you feel like crap while you're doing it.
It's a clear day here in Tinytown, and it's noticeable cooler than the last few days. Maybe we'll get an actual fall in these parts, instead of going straight from summer to winter like we did last year.
On tap at the beach is lunch in Murrell's Inlet on the way in, a stop in Pawley's to visit the nature photography shop of a high school classmate, a surfeit of seafood and maybe a visit to 2001. Wonder if they still have the fish swimming in the dance floor?
Everybody have a good week. I'll slurp a raw oyster & have some boiled shrimp for you.
Wednesday, October 14, 2009
- Max Fucking Baucus, who looked so damn smug and self-satisfied at the end of the committee meeting yesterday where he sold citizens who are not corporations down the river.
- William Saletan, who Does.Not.Get.It. And by it, I mean anything.
- Those folks who peed themselves in their rush to declare the Nobel Peace Prize 'worthless' in the wake of Obama's award. Likely the same people who delighted in calling the Presidency an 'entry-level position' upon his election.
- The dickheads driving like fucking dickheads on the Interstate in the torrential rain this morning.
*I'm always up for a random Golden Girls reference.
Saturday, October 3, 2009
- Big-name celebs, men and women, signing petitions in support of Roman Polanski.
- Whoopi Goldberg displaying monumental fucking ignorance by saying it "wasn't rape rape". I guess because Polanski ANALLY RAPED the 13-YEAR OLD CHILD HE'D DRUGGED. Uh, WTF?
- Americans so intent on bashing Obama they are exultant the US lost out on a bid to host the Olympics. Cognitive Dissonance much there, you America Firsters?
Going to take a break from the Intertubes and finish the John Lennon Bio I've been reading, watch a little college football, finish watching the last two episodes of 'National Parks' I saved to the DVR, and generally hope to flush all this shit out of my head. As the Chez Quis Maitre D` said so eloquently, "I weep for humanity."