Sunday, August 19, 2007

Happiness Challenge-Day 19

Yesterday I headed up the road* to Chateau Elan to meet up with some of my widda friends. It's a lovely place, great buffet at The Versailles. I can also recommend Paddy's Pub, where they are not stingy with the margaritas, and the Winery's Pinot Noir. I'll review the Sauvignon Blanc later...today.

Most of us there were at least a year or more out on this journey, but there were two fellows who were 5-6 months out. Both of them said they'd almost backed out, but made themselves come** and both said they enjoyed just laughing and being at ease in a group that could completely understand their situation.

How does this relate to happiness? Well, I was surely happy to get home after being in traffic with Georgia drivers (egad!) and I was happy to see friends I've made along the way on this journey and to make new ones.

*And thank you Mapquest for taking me down every country road in the vicinity of Athens, GA when I could have hit 441 and taken a straight shot as I discovered on the return trip--but it was some pretty countryside to look at.

**A feeling every one of us 'vets' confirmed to them. My first get-together was in Greenville last October & I had pretty much talked myself out of going by the time I rolled into G-town. Made myself go anyway and as Mr. Frost said, it has made all the difference.

No comments: