Saturday, November 1, 2008

Back

today from the Myrtle for my annual fall conference, with an overnight side trip to Charleston yesterday evening.

Le Boyfriend has been with me for the week, and he's been wonderful company. We chowed down at Hyman's on Meeting Street last night, even after over-indulging on seafood throughout the week at the beach.

Bless his heart, he dutifully tramped down from our oceanfront room and sat in on the conference general sessions, even the one with our state Superintendent of Education-that's gotta be either love and devotion, or outta his mind-I'm not sure which.

Anyway, we've unpacked the car and now we're piled up watching some college football. Dinner tonight is pizza from the local greek joint-with nary a hint of seafood to it. I can't hardly wait.

He's back home tomorrow, and I fear this little place will feel a mite empty. I'll be over to see him for Thanksgiving, though, so there's that to look forward to.

More from Tinytown when I recover. Go Gamecocks!

No comments: