Sunday, November 9, 2008

As You Can See,

there has not in fact been a post reviewing 'Real Housewives of Atlanta', as promised earlier.

Life, in its way, intervened.

I received one of those, 'Classmates.com' update emails & clicked through, to learn that a classmate, who has survived one round of cancer, has had it return, in an even more ferocious form.

Hospice has been called in, and in email updates from another classmate, I've learned they don't really expect her to last the week.

She and her husband were high school sweethearts, they've been together almost thirty years, and just welcomed their first grandchild this past week.

My thirtieth high school reunion is on the horizon for 2010. It seems impossible to believe I won't see this beautiful, vibrant girl that exists in my memories there.

I hate the idea of thinking of one of my classmates, a sweet, lovely boy, as a widower. Living what I've been living these past 2+ years.

Sigh....

No comments: