Thursday, January 24, 2008

It's My Fault, Really

I like to watch the local 5:00 p.m. news and then the ensuing 6:00 p.m. news--it's my latent OCD/Asperger's tendencies rearing their little heads, I think.

In between the news shows, the local affiliate runs 'Inside Edition'. Which I generally leave on & pay limited attention to, except when they do some cute animal story or some other equally innocuous fluff.

Today, like yesterday, has been all Heath Ledger, all the time. What caught my attention, and caused me to throw up in my mouth this afternoon was the sign-off story: video of an empty apartment in the same building where Ledger passed away.

Because the story isn't complete without the viewing public being treated to the verisimilitude of an apartment 'like' the apartment in which Ledger died.

Edward R. Murrow would be so proud.

2 comments:

100 Thoughts of Love said...

I can't imagine being the family of any of these celebrities who have died tragic deaths, lost custody battles, been hauled in drunk...does the world need to see any of their grief?..well the ones where someone forgot to wear their pants, maybe.....

poopie said...

*ack*