Friday, November 30, 2007

A Couple of Beers

I had back-to-back meetings up the road yesterday & today. Hung out yesterday evening with a colleague who's a great gal & we've gotten to be good friends over the past two years.

We went to a really cool place and settled at the bar. She was expecting someone else to meet us, a guy she'd dated a few times after she'd divorced,but is now just good friends with. He showed up after we'd had a chance to talk for a few minutes.

He was a nice guy, just came across as decent and down-to-earth. And I found myself not talking about my late husband as a defense mechanism, as I have in the past when around 'an eligible man'. Movement towards my 'Chapter 2' I reckon.

I can hear some of you saying 'good for you, girl, keep taking those steps'. And I know it's a good thing. But I've still had a damn good cry about it this evening anyway.

No comments: