Friday, December 28, 2007

Is There

anything better than after-Christmas sale shopping for stuff? That you didn't necessarily set out to buy, but have a good use for and found great deals? By which I mean, a new bamboo pillow*, a new book**, and stemless red and white wine glasses that were 60% off.



*I discovered bamboo pillows and sheets at Target in 2006--they have completely eliminated my waking up 'stuffy' every morning.

**How Starbucks Saved My Life by Michael Gill, son of legendary The New Yorker writer Brendan Gill. That's gonna be Sunday's treat.

6 comments:

100 Thoughts of Love said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
100 Thoughts of Love said...

I just finished that book, I reallly enjoyed it; a simple story, but the depth of how much a persons life can change...its amazing. Also, you see how the bottom can sometimes be a better place!

100 Thoughts of Love said...

oops

Phyllis S said...

Is this like "Miami is nice, Miami is nice, Miami is nice; I'll say it...thrice."?

poopie said...

what's a bamboo sheet?

Phyllis S said...

You can buy sheets and clothing woven from bamboo fibers and pillows stuffed w/ bamboo fibers. Fabric made from bamboo is soft and gets softer each time it's washed, but is extremely sturdy.